Narrative description of the Program: ICT Consults was contracted to Design and Develop an Integrated Document management system for Education Service Commission in the Republic of Uganda’’.
Actual services provided:
Situation analysis – to study and analyze the current document management and information flow of the commission. The major areas covered included but were not limited to:
- The available hardware and software at the commission;
- The database management systems of the commission, inclusive of the data bank and storage facilities;
- The system administration at the commission;
- Manual workflow and data analysis at the commission;
- Electronic, mailing system, web access/development and system maintenance at the commission;
- Current government of Uganda policy/framework for records and document management with a view of identifying the bottlenecks/ strengths likely to hamper/promote complete/successful implementation of an electronic record and document management system;
- Current computer literacy/skills level at ESC.
Functional and Technical Requirement Specifications – Based on the findings of the study and analysis above, the ICT Consults:
- Developed the system functional requirements and technical specifications;
- Assisted ESC in procurement and implementation of the desired systems;
- Provided advisory and supervisory roles during the implementation of the system up to system test and acceptance by the ESC