Lecturer & Head of ICT Support Services July 2012 – July 2020
I am the co-founder for the Uganda Technology and Management University, and I am currently a member of the Board of Directors for the University. The University was developed to address the demand for high quality higher education in Uganda. This necessitated establishment of a university that would promote high quality education both in a face to face and distance learning mode. A group of highly qualified academics opted to be part of a new university, to make a difference in the higher education sector in Uganda and the region.
During the initial stages of the university, I was tasked to oversee the development and implementation of Systems for the university. I was able to Implementation and rollout the following systems, in addition to setting up the university wide networks and research labs.
- The Learning Management System (LMS) which provided a centralized platform for course delivery, student-teacher communication, and assessment. This system enhanced the learning experience by enabling online lectures, webinars, and remote participation, making education more accessible and flexible for students.
- The Integrated Library Management System revolutionized the way students and faculty accessed and utilized library resources. It allowed for efficient cataloguing, tracking, and retrieval of books and other materials, ultimately improving research productivity and enhancing the overall academic experience.
- The Apache open meetings system facilitated seamless online communication and collaboration, enabling effective virtual meetings and conferences.
- The Students’ Academic Records Management Information System simplified the management of student records, ensuring accuracy, confidentiality, and easy access to academic information.
- Lastly, the helpdesk support system provided a centralized point of contact for students and staff to seek assistance with any IT-related issues, resulting in timely resolutions and improved user satisfaction.